Sunday, May 27, 2007

Mini-Comics

When I got some of my friends to see this blog, one of them exclaimed, "Oh my gosh! Is he some American punk or gangster?" If you could only imagine the faces we had: she in awe and me - completely flabbergasted. Hehe!

But no, I must point out once more that sweet Tsukasa is no more gangster druggie than Big Bird from Sesame Street. Here's Tsukasa's official profile provided by Volks on their database - though it seems they have taken down his actual mini-biography that I was very sure used to be there. However, you can find a little excerpt about him on Volks' site: The Songs of the Boys. So sexist a title! Jun is a girl! Just to let you know though, The Songs of the Boys has not been updated since Jun's first release and Isao's second-version release in Dollpa 12 back in December 2004. Therefore, it has little to no information about Yuki, Olivia, or Shirou's after-school version.

Beyond the Volks Official pages, there's a GREAT database just for SuperDollfies that I believe somebody made (in honor of Volks - not sure if it's official or unofficial, but I will look into it.) It is called Where Angels Lie. It is very accurate and in depth for each model and offers some hard-to-find pictures. Here is Tsukasa's Profile on Where Angels Lie - it includes the official translation of his biography. Hurrah!

Just for the heck of it, I will post a few pictures of him here. Last one of this batch is my favorite!




Also, when I got Thackery, I recieved his ownership papers. They include his background history too, but I'm still in the middle of translating most of it for myself. It isn't easy, as I self-taught Japanese. But I'm slowly getting there. Reading manga, watching anime (no English dubs!) and listening/watching Japanese dramas really do wonders. I mean... I watch Taiwanese dramas too and my Chinese has improved a lot. See? Wonders.

Here are the papers he came with (these are someone else's scanlations, even though I could make my own if I wanted to):

There's more, but that is only the mini-comic he came with. Likewise, Shirou, Jun, Isao, and Yuki all came with their own papers. I have their scanlations saved (except for Shirou's and Olivia's - they don't have one because they did not have personal limited items; i.e. Tsukasa's backpack, Jun's kitty Komame, Isao's chair and unusual wig, and Yuki's training gear.) But I will have to post them next time. It would require more room.

In the mean time, the artists who drew those mini-comics also made extra pictures of each character. Here are my favorite pictures of Tsukasa:




I will also post artist pictures of Shirou, Isao, Jun, and Yuki (still scouting for Olivia's) next time with their other scanlations.

For anybody who thinks I'm stealing - I'm sorry, but that's completely untrue. I'm not publicizing this blog, so stealing to gain attention is certainly not my agenda. However, I'm still posting my precious pictures in my blog.

Shoot me? I think not.

Sincerely,

Nobody

No comments: